
IT REALLY HAPPENED! I officially became the future Mrs. Dustin Young on July 4, 2008! It was absolutely perfect, better than I ever imagined. The 4th this year started out pretty lame for me because I had to work from 10 to 5. When I got off work, we all got ready and met at Golden Coral for a birthday dinner for my dad. Almost all of my brothers and sisters and their families came to celebrate. We finished eating and headed over to Gary's house to do fireworks.

We were all having a fun time, laying on blankets, watching the show. Dustin had mentioned to me that I should light some fireworks but I told him that I didn't really like to because I was scared they would get me, but he asked me if I would just try one or two with him. So I agreed and a few minutes later he came and got me to "light a big one, that would say Stacy." Oh right, like that would happen! He told me that Gary was going to let us record it so we could blog it :)We bent down and without me even realizing it, he got down on one knee. We were lighting it together and having a little bit of difficulty with the lighter, and by this time all my family knew what was going on and everyone was gathered around us! (You'd think I would have got a clue, but no!) When we finally got it lit, it stopped after one second! I was like 'AHH ha ha, just my luck, now I don't have to light one! Of course he tells me to get down and check it, when I'm the one who is afraid of them. But i did, I moved the paper, looking for another fuse or something and I almost moved the ring out of the way in search for 'the other fuse!' I then realized what it was and almost went into shock because I never thought the day would come! But it did and we are both very excited to be sealed for time and all eternity in the Manti Temple at the end of August. Yeeeeeaah!










13 comments:
I am SO excited for you two!!! Welcome to the family Dust! I'm glad it finally happened after 4 years :D
I was checking your blog yesterday for your post of something like this. I must have looked right before you did it. Congrats you two!! I am happy for you. You guys are a cute couple.
wOW! That is so exciting! congrats!! What a cute way to do it. I'm so happy for you both. You two are perfect for each other!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so excited for you stace!! Finally, right!! What a cute way to propose! :) Sorry I couldn't call you back. (please don't hate me!) I am so happy for you! Love ya!
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you both!! I have been waiting for this day forever... i'm sure you've been waiting longer! You need to take a closer picture of that ring so I can see it!! When are you getting married?!?!
Congrats you guys! I am soo excited for you both. How lucky to have such cute pictures when it happened. You guys are soo adorable together!
Thanks you everyone! :) I'm so excited! We're pretty sure on the date now. It's changed since the original plan but we're pretty sure that it's going to be the 23rd of August
Congrats Dustin & Stacy!! We are so excited to hear the great news and can't wait for the big day!! Way to go Dusty!
That's so sweet! Congratulations!
Congratulations Stacy, sorry we couldn't be there to share it with you!
Aub
It finally happened! It's like watching the first 2 Aladdin movies over and over again for years and then finally the 3rd one comes out and they get married :-) Just kidding. Congrats to the both of you. Yahoo!!!!
HA HA! Thanks Raf! I take that as a very good compliment, I always loved Jasmine! :) Great analogy! It really has seemed like we've been best friends for EVER and finally get our happily ever after.
Congrats You guys! You guys are way cute. Your blog is way cute too as well. I love "Forever Young" way creative! We are excited for you guys. I know I have only met you once. I am sure we will see you more.
Post a Comment