CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

June 19, 2008

Who Could Resist This Face!?!

My very first early wedding present :) Thanks to my former young women's leader, Tressa Cannon, Dustin and I have adopted a new lil baby girl. I was driving past her house about 2 1/2 weeks ago and she said, "Here, I have an early wedding present that I want to give you today." She found this baby kitten playing in her backyard but she already has two cats. I couldn't help but take her in. I took her home to my family and at first they were sketchy but she's too cute, they made her feel right at home, even though we already have a dog. When Dustin found out, he wasn't as excited as me.. to put it nicely! He is NOT a big fan of cats and when he was younger he had an allergic reaction to one, so he was really not in favor. But when they met, they fell instantly love. She was just too irresistable. We named the cute ball of fun LILLY. He started asking me to bring her over at nights so he could play with her, letting her fall asleep on him and including her in his affectionate texts to me, like 'I miss you.. and our lil lilly.' OH man, and he still tries to tell people he doesn't like cats!

When we first got her, we guessed that she was about 5 or 6 weeks so she was nervous about the new environment and all she would do was just sit or lay and cuddle. It was pure bliss. Now that we've had her a little while she's learning to scratch and bite, and that's all she does. She will wake up multiple times in the middle of the night, wanting to 'play' which consists of scratching me until I wake up and put her back to sleep. So, my sisters who stay home with her all day, are starting to think that she is rather obnoxious especially when she attacks their toes whenever they're walking around barefoot (they've resorted to always wearing slippers). Other than that, everyone is lovestruck by our little playful pal.






Lilly had her first Summerfest experience on Saturday. We joined my family for the parade and fireworks, and it was a blast spending time with all my nephews and the Dablings. Lilly had so much fun and so many fans! Even random people were coming up to us, asking if they could pet her! All we would hear as we walked was 'Oooh, did you see the kitty?' It was super funny.

After an eventful day, we sent Lil home with my family, and Dust and I headed up to Maple Bench where his family was camping. We roasted smores and chilled with them then spent the night and headed home in the morning. It definitely wasn't long enough for either of us, so we'll be going back soon when we don't have to work.

6 comments:

kayla said...

cute pictures! I am glad you are posting more often. It so fun to see pictures! so..TAG you're it! check my blog!

JACK!E said...

You guys are so cute Stac. I heard Gavin loved the cat. I don't think the cat loved him so much. Poor Lilly.

Sienna said...

Your kitty was so cute and i'm even a dog person. It was fun seeing Rome's reaction to her!! Just not so fun keeping him from pulling her hair!!

Stacy said...

Ya the little kids seem to like Lilly but they all seem to like pulling her hair or tail, but she sometimes deserves it :) And Dustin and I are dog lovers too but she is really cute.

camille said...

FUN! I want to go camping sooo bad! Sounds like you had a good time! Oh, and you look so pretty in that picture of you and Dustin! You always do...

Stacy said...

Ahh ha ha! I hope you were being sarcastic about that comment Camille because I looked nothing near pretty in that picture! When I read that comment I had to go back and look to see if there was another picture of us together because I knew you couldn't of been talking about that one :) But thanks for the compliment lol. I just wanted to put it on because it was a good one of the lake and stuff.